Social Sciences Dissertation Topics For A World-Class Dissertation
Date published August 8 2020 by Jacob Miller
Social sciences are the scientific study of human society and relationships. It is important to implement social sciences knowledge to have a functioning economy and a stable country. Finding a compelling social sciences dissertation topic and writing your research on it can be fruitful for your career. Many countries read journal articles and books to improve their knowledge. Your social sciences dissertation can turn into a competent book or a journal article if it has a compelling topic. The idea is not to delimit yourself, instead explore opportunities to increase your market worth through dissertation.
Table of Contents
How “Dissertation Proposal” Can Help You!
Our top dissertation writing experts are waiting 24/7 to assist you with your university project, from critical literature reviews to a complete masters dissertation.
List of Social Sciences Dissertation Topics On Culture
Culture is contagious. It can unite people regardless of what religion they belong to. In the social sciences, culture holds a prominent position. Finding a cultural, social sciences dissertation topic that can spark your reader’s interest can be challenging. That is why our brilliant writers have meticulously shortlisted topics for you.
- The impacts of culture in creating patriotism among the immigrants of the UK.
- The role of culture in bringing a nation together. What are the critical aspects that make this possible?
- The importance of culture in defining human traits.
- An evaluation of the different cultures of the world and its hold on the people.
- An in-depth study of culture taking over religion. How does society respond to it?
- The impact of cultural migration on the people of the UK.
- The significance of hybrid culture in building a diversified community. What is its importance?
- An investigative study into the influence of religion on the culture of the UK.
- An evaluation of the influence of culture on the legislation system of the UK.
- An investigation of the critical points that shape a culture. An insight into its history.
An investigative study into the influence of religion on the culture of the UK.
Religion is a significant topic for understanding in cross-cultural psychology. The cultural differences in religious groups use the framework of collectivism and individualism. However, religion is critical in the understanding of cultures and individuals and also religion is inherited in nature. Religion and culture are inseparable to each other as practices and beliefs are uniquely cultural. The frequency of the communion differs extensively and the practices of rituals are also practised differently which based on the theological and historical differences among denominations. Furthermore, religion also affects the cultures and it also affected by the culture because this is an important layer of the culture. The religion is also a part of the culture which has been linked to several communication behaviours and traits. The religion especially linked with the decision, media use and preferences, interpersonal communication, intercultural communication and organizational behaviour.
Aims and objectives:
The aim of this study to examine the impact and influence of religion on the culture of the United Kingdom.
- To examine the factors involved in the influence of religion.
- To examine the influence of religion on the UK.
- To investigate the influence of religion on the UK culture.
An evaluation of the influence of culture on the legislation system of the UK.
The connections between intercultural business communication, law and culture. Both cultural priorities and legal systems come out of the country. Culture affects the legal just like the law that affects changes in culture. However, the impact of the culture on communication in the global setting over the past few decades and very little on the law role. Furthermore, political culture includes the following and important properties which are conception or beliefs about truth, attitudes towards the authority, pragmatic and logical method for the decision making, sympathy feelings, confidence or trust, information and knowledge and different basic values in the culture. The differences partially explained which based on the developments of history. There is an important social policy which concerns at work in the European law of employment.
Aims and objectives:
The study examines the influence and impact of the culture on regulation and legislation system of the UK.
- To identify the cultural influence on the concurrence.
- To examine the influence of the culture on the legislation system.
- To evaluate the impact and influence of culture on the legislation system of the UK.
An investigation of the critical points that shape a culture. An insight into its history
The culture of British is influenced by the combined nation of history, historically life of religion interact with the Europe cultures and the traditions of the wales, Scotland and England and impact of the culture on the British Empire. However, the British culture is a distinct entity the individual and cultures are the diverse and with varying degrees of distinctiveness and overlap. Religious people commonly not seek the moral in personal life but they shape the moral world by the influence of religion. Furthermore, there are five different factors that help in the shaping of the culture the personality, dress, religion and the religious faiths, custom of religion, special social customs and marriages, social relationship and educations system. The time value, norms and values, festivals, faiths and beliefs, services and products, knowledge, government laws and social traditions that laid down by religion.
Aims and objectives:
The aim of this study to investigate the important and critical points that shape the culture with the insight of history.
- To identify cultural factors.
- To examine the critical points that shape the culture.
- To investigate the critical points that shape culture. An insight into history.
A comparative study between demand and supply of an economy. How does the market reach its equilibrium?
The important difference in the demand and supply of the economy, the demand refers to the amount of service or good and consumers are willing and able to purchase at specific prices. However, demand is based on the wants and needs of the consumer but from the perspective of the economist, these both are similar things. While supply is the other thing the number of services or goods the producer is willing to supply at each price. The graphs for supply and demand curves have prices on the vertical and horizontal axis which appear in the same prices. Furthermore, the increase in the price always moves towards the increases in the quantity supplied of services or goods (Manavalan et al., 2019).
Aims and objectives:
The aim of this study to determine the difference between supply and demand of an economy. And this study also examines how the market reaches the equilibrium.
- To examine the demand, demanded quantity and demand law.
- To identify the supply curve and demand curve of the economy.
- To evaluate the equilibrium, price of equilibrium and quantity of equilibrium.
A comparative analysis of consumer and producer surplus in the UK.
The consumer surplus is derived when the consumer pays a price actually pays is less than they prepared to pay. However, demand curves indicated the prices for consumer prepared to pay for the hypothetical quantity of good which based on the expectation of the private benefit. While in the producer surplus is the additional private benefit to the producers with regard to profit which gained when the prices they received in the market more than minimum they would be prepared to supply. Furthermore, get a reward which is more than covers their costs of production. However, in the welfare analysis, it considers the economic decisions by the organisation, government and individual which decreases or increases the economic welfare (Aytar et al., 2019).
Aims and objectives:
The aim of this study to investigate the comparative analysis of the consumer and product surplus in the UK.
- To examine the consumer surplus and declining consumer surplus.
- To examine the producer surplus and economic welfare.
- To make a comparative analysis of consumer and producer surplus in the UK.
An evaluation of market equilibrium conditions and how long an economy can sustain this?
The market equilibrium is the important concepts in the economics study. The market equilibrium is defined as it is the market state in which demand in the market is equal to the supply in the market. The price of the equilibrium is the price of services of goods when supply is equal to the demand in the market. Furthermore, when the market in the equilibrium the prices of the services or products does not change until an external factor changes the demand or supply which results is the equilibrium disruption. When the prices of the market are more than the value of equilibrium then there is more supply in the market which means that demand of the more supply. The fewer prices mean more people buy which causes a reduction in supply (Dean et al., 2020).
Aims and objectives:
This study examines the evaluation of market equilibrium conditions and the sustainability of the economy for market equilibrium.
- To identify the conditions of the market equilibrium.
- To determine the market equilibrium and understanding changes to market equilibrium.
- To evaluate the supply, demand and equilibrium. How the economy sustain this?
The impact of price elasticity of demand on the preferences of consumers of FMCG products in the UK.
The price elasticity is the measures of consumer or an ability to pay the goods and services. Price is a significant consideration in the decision making the process of the consumer. This shapes the perception of the consumer for the brand and changing in price also affected the demand of the brand. Therefore, the right prices of the goods or services are a crucial part of the brand's success. The elasticity of the prices is usually negative when the price of the brand increases and sales decreases. Sometimes price elasticity is positive in the case of selling luxury products. For FMCG, the gap of the prices among the expensive and cheapest brands are few dollars but sometimes prices of some brands are double.
Aims and objectives:
The aim of this study to examine the price elasticity of demand on the preferences of the consumer in the UK of different FMCG products.
- To investigate the price elasticity of demanded products.
- To investigate the consumer, contextual and situational factors that influence the price elasticities.
- To demonstrate the price elasticity for the FMCG products on the demand of consumer in the UK.
Evaluation of opportunity cost in contrast to the production capacity of a country.
The opportunity costs provide potential benefits to the investors, business misses or individual when choosing the one alternative over the other. The opportunity costs idea is a major concept in economics. The planning for the production capacity is an important part of the manufacturing which refers to the process for matching of production capacity with the demand for sales. However, in most of the organizations, the formal production capacity planning takes place only one time in a year. For any project, it involves predicting the productive capacity of the system to assess the demand of the market and forecast the prices for the product sold. Furthermore, sizing the appropriate facility which gives the uncertainties about future demand is very hard.
Aims and objectives:
The aim of this study is that opportunity costs is the forgone benefit in comparison with the production capacity of any country.
- To evaluate the opportunity costs which represent the potential benefits.
- To evaluate the production capacity and opportunity costs of a country.
- To evaluate the costs and benefits of the available options of opportunity costs in contrast to the production capacity of the country.
A comparative analysis of opportunity cost and product possibility frontier.
According to Almubidin (2019), the opportunity cost is an alternative chosen when benefits not enjoyed. The opportunity costs are the major concept in economics. And the opportunity costs analysis plays an important role in determining the business capital structure. However, it is not the sum of present alternatives when other alternatives are they mutually exclusive to others. This is the highest value option forgone. On the other hand, the product possibility frontier (PPF) is the curve which illustrates the variation in amounts produced by two products if both are dependent upon the same type of manufacture resource. Furthermore, PPF is playing an important role in the economics which used to demonstrate the nation’s economy point when reaches the high level of efficiency and this is also referred the transformation curve or the production possibility curve.
Aims and objectives:
The aim of this study to investigate the comparative analysis of the opportunity cost and product possible frontier.
- To evaluate the opportunity costs and in production.
- To evaluate the product possibility frontier (PPF) and production of the commodity.
- An analysis of opportunity cost and product possibility frontier.
A critical analysis of the relationship between the stock market and economic growth of the UK.
A capital market performs a significant role in the commerce and industry growth which ultimately affect the country economy to a larger extent. Economic growth is the increase in the production of services and goods in the economy. However, the increase in the labour force, technology, capital goods and the human capital these all are contributed in the economic growth. The stock market provided accurate and timely information about the firms to investors thus increases the investor's risk-adjusted returns. Furthermore, developed stock markets function in a way which increases the savings and provided the opportunities to the investors do the productive investment which boosts the economic growth. The stock market also gives opportunities to investors to make diversified instruments to reduce the unique risks and contributed to the mobilization of domestic savings.
Aims and objectives:
The aim of this study to investigate the correlation between economic growth and stock market of the UK.
- To investigate the stock market and its measures.
- To investigate the economic growth and its relation with the country's development.
- To critically analyse the relationship between the stock market and economic growth of the UK.
Get Free Customize Topics Now
Social Sciences Dissertation Ideas For Economics
Economics is an excellent choice for your social sciences dissertation idea. If you are good with numbers, then this research would be a piece of cake for you. Government officials highly appreciate economic dissertations. Putting your best effort would increase the chances for your dissertation to get published!
- A comparative study between demand and supply of an economy. How does the market reach its equilibrium?
- A comparative analysis of consumer and product surplus in the UK.
- An evaluation of market equilibrium conditions and how long can an economy sustain this?
- The impact of price elasticity of demand on the preferences of consumers of FMCG products in the UK.
- Evaluation of opportunity cost in contrast to the production capacity of a country.
- A comparative analysis of opportunity cost and product possibility frontier.
- A critical analysis of the relationship between the stock market and economic growth of the UK.
- The impacts of banding on the purchase decision of consumers during the economic crises of covid19.
- An empirical investigation of the price elasticity of demand on the production capacity of smallscale businesses in the UK.
- An analysis of the foreign trade agreements between developed countries and its effects on the global trade market.
A critical analysis of the crash of wall street and how it happened.
Aims of the study
The aim of the study will be “To do the critical analysis of the incident of the crash of Wall Street and to evaluate the reasons and impacts of the incident”.
Objectives of the study
The objectives of the study will be;
- To find out the main reasons for the incident of the crash of Wall Street.
- To explore the financial and psychological effects caused due to the crash of Wall Street.
- To evaluate the economic and social impacts of the crash of Wall Street.
- To do the systematic review for the identification of reasons and the associated impacts by analysing the data of the past research studies.
- To explore the social consequence of the Wall Street crash.
- To enlist the facts and history associated with the crash of Wall Street.
- To evaluate the impacts of the crash of the stock market on the citizens of America.
- To find out the advantages and disadvantages associated with the crash of Wall Street.
- To assess the process and time taken by the Americans stock market to recover from the crash of the economy.
- To identify the long term impacts of the stock market crash on the economy of the developing as well as the developed country.
An investigation into the bank insurance during the great depression. An evaluation of its problems and shortcomings.
Aim of the study
The aim of the study will be “To do the analysis into the bank insurance during the period of the great depression: An evaluation of its problems and shortcomings”.
Objectives of the study
The Objectives of the study will be;
- To explore the bank failures at the time of the Great Depression in the United States.
- To find out the problems and shortcomings arise due to the Great Depression.
- To explore the problems of bank insurance in the period of the Great Depression.
- To assess the impacts of the Great depression on unemployment.
- To find out the impacts of the Great depression on the life savings of the people.
- To explore the events responsible for the happening of this downfall in America.
- To identify the short and long-term impacts of the Great Depression on Americans.
- To explore the advantages and disadvantages associated with the Great Depression.
- To find out the reasons how bank services are affected due to the problems of the Great Depression.
- To document in detail the history associated with the event of the Great Depression.
- To enlist the opinions of economists and socialist regarding the problem of this event.
A review of the positive impacts of the great depression.
Aim of the Study
The aims of the study will be “to do the review analysis of the positive impacts of the Great Depression”.
Objectives of the Study
The objectives of the study will be.
- To analyse the positive impacts on the health status of the population in the country and lessons learned after the Great Depression.
- To explore the micro and macroeconomic impacts after the Great Depression in the United States.
- To analyse the process involved in the overcoming of the crisis of the Great Depression.
- To enlist the advantages and disadvantages associated with the Great Depression.
- To prepare a systematic review of the events, causes, and impacts of the Great Depression.
- To find out the positive impacts on the life of Americans.
- To identify the period that was taken to recover from this issue.
- To enlist and document the opinions of economists and socialist about the causes and impacts of the Great Depression.
- To identify the short and long-term impacts on the economy.
- To critically analyse the impacts of the Great Depression on the employment status and lives of the people living in America.
Consult Our Writers to Discuss Your Needs
View different varieties of dissertation topics and samples on multiple subjects for every educational level
Social Sciences Dissertation Ideas On History
History is an exciting subject to write about. There is a lot of information readily available on the internet, and many scholarly articles can be found. But, a compelling social sciences dissertation idea would be one that targets an unusual historical event.
- An in-depth study to evaluate the contribution of birth place and education of Hitler and what made him into what he was.
- An evaluation of the battle of waterloo. Its background and implications.
- An evaluation of the Presidents of American and review on the best leader.
- A critical analysis of the slave trade act along with its historical repercussions in the UK.
- An empirical study of world war 2. What caused it and how it ended.
- A critical review of the three most influential decisions that brought the world war 2 to an end.
- A case study of how Germany lost world war 1. Is it a source of their aggression?
- A critical analysis of the crash of wall street and how it happened.
- An investigation into the bank insuarance during the great depression. An evaluation of its problems and shortcomings.
- A review of the positive impacts of the great depression.
Custom Social Sciences Dissertation Topic
A custom social sciences dissertation topic is one that meets all the requirements of your instructor. It may sound easy to do, but it delimits students to act according to the instructions provided. To follow the guidelines of your research committee or your instructor, you need professional experience. It is a craft only in the hands of our exquisite writers. They can produce impeccable dissertations according to your needs. So, don’t wait and send us your order. The sooner, the better!
Many students in the UK are unaware about the benefits of writing a dissertation. This is entirely natural. However, your dissertation is more than just a way to score exceptional grades. After you graduate, you can mention your dissertation topic on your CV. You can also take parts of your dissertation and turn them into Journal articles under your name. These journal articles can also be mentioned in your CV to increase your market worth.
The word count for your social sciences dissertation depends on your instructor's requirements. However, according to the College of Social Sciences, between 30,000 – 40,000 words, including the bibliography. This would help in communicating everything related to your dissertation topic. If this number daunts you, then don't worry. You can always choose our dissertation writing service.
Of course, it is. We have an arsenal of brilliant dissertation writers all Ph.D. qualified ready to offer their help. With 5+ years of experience in the academic writing industry, there is no topic our writers can't write. Therefore, submitting your dissertation requirements with us will be the best academic choice you ever make!
Getting in touch with our writers is very easy. All you have to do is reach out to our customer support department with your unique order code through our live chat. The customer support agent will verify your order code on the backend and then connect you with your writer.
Latest Social Sciences Dissertation Topics (2021-2022)
- The impact of culture on the societal response and human traits.
- How culture is being influenced religion and extremism in UK.
- The impact of culture over human traits and human behaviour in UK.
- A novel analysis on how the culture helps to build patriotic and egoist behaviour in the society.
- Critically evaluate how different culture is bringing the conflict in the society and professionalism.
- A systematic overview of how cultural values have a significant impact on political and professional decisions.
- Analyse the cultural practices of UK in terms of building norms in the society.
- A study of how cultural values help to create unity among the people of UK.
- Critically analyse how law enforcement gets affected through different cultures and
values in the same society.
- Comparative Analysis of producer and manufacturer of UK.